- How we work
- Personal Training Fees
- Body Work
- Teacher Certifications
- MBC Pilates Mat 1
- MBC Pilates Mat 2
- MBC Pilates Movement Apparatus Certification
- Pink Ribbon Pilates
- Gyrotonic® Trainer Certification
- GYROKINESIS® Pre-Training
- GYROKINESIS® Foundation Training
- GYROKINESIS® Certified Trainer Update
- GYROTONIC® Pre-Training
- GYROTONIC® Foundation Training
- GYROTONIC® Supervised Apprentice Hours
- GYROTONIC® Certified Trainer Update
- GYROTONIC® Pre-Trainer Update
- GYROTONIC® Level 2 Pre-Training
- GYROTONIC® Level 2 Teacher Training
- Jumping Stretching Board Certification
- Leg Extension Unit Certification
- Gyrotoner Certification
- GYROTONIC® Archway Certification
- Newsletter Issue #9 June 2013
Pink Ribbon Pilates
Increase Your Marketability and Make A Difference in Someone's Life!
Become a Post-Rehabilitative Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist
February 12 & 13, 2011: Sat. 1:30pm - 8:30pm, Sun, 10am - 4pm
Training Location: Mind Body Connection,
5855 Doyle Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (510) 420-0444
Workshop $425, Course Material: $35 - Space Still Available
To register, please visit www.pinkribbonprogram.com/registration.html
The goal of this interactive two day course is to provide the participants with a knowledge base that is essential to the successful evaluation of the breast cancer survivor, from diagnosis to treatment, recovery, prevention of lymphedema and proper exercise guidelines and protocols. This course is open to physical therapists, occupational therapists, Pilates instructors, lymphedema treatment specialists, and nurses. Evidence based practice and integration of material from the areas of functional exercise, shoulder rehabilitation and Pilates exercises will be the emphasis of the lab sessions.
Course Outline, Extensive Notes, Pink Ribbon Exercise Manual, Patient Assessment Guide and Tracking, Pink Ribbon Resistance Band
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different surgeries, including breast reconstruction and the impact of these surgeries on physical mobility
- Understand the signs and symptoms of upper extremity lymphedema and auxiliary web syndrome
- Perform an upper quadrant screening and evaluation for the breast cancer patient.
- Develop a comprehensive rehabilitation program using a Pilates-based approach including movement sequencing specific for the breast cancer survivor.
- Develop Periodization Principles and the application of these principles to each survivor’s exercise program.